Awesome Tools for Marketing Growth Hackers: Part 2
Last week we looked at several software tools every agile marketer should have. This week we look at more helpful tools.
Market Research & User Feedback
Qualaroo allows you to survey your website visitors in order to understand what they are looking for and why they take certain actions on your site.
- Qualaroo reveals the why, not just the what or how––Uncover hidden objections, identify valuable features and improve the conversion rate of site visitors to leads
- Survey desktop or mobile visitors
Pricing: 14-day free trial, then plans starting at $63/month
21. Consumer Baromoter
Consumer Barometer gives e-commerce companies the information about online consumers they need to make more informed business decisions.
- No signup required. Simply go to the website and start clicking
- Friendly, attractive user interface with data that you can apply immediately
Typeform humanizes online surveys with a beautiful, fun and interactive way to ask and answer questions.
- A user experience that makes your questions look & feel great everywhere
- Make your questions fit your identity and turn them into brand ambassadors
- Gain insights with integrated analysis tools and reveal hidden trends and patterns
Pricing: Free plan, then Pro at $25/month
Polldaddy allows you to create polls and surveys so that you can get customer feedback or conduct market research.
- Collect responses on your website, via email or on mobile
- Powerful reporting and filtering capabilities
- Highly customizable
Pricing: Basic free plan, and then paid plans starting at $200/year
Olark is a chat application that lets you connect with site visitors. It will tell you who is on your site, including location, what they’re looking at on your site, where they’ve been and time on site so that you can connect with them in a more meaningful way.
- Targeted Chat lets you set rules to interact only with customers who go to a specific page or perform specific behaviors
- Integrates with the major CRMs, including Salesforce, Zendesk, Desk.com and Highrise, so that you can keep track of correspondence with all of your leads and customers
- Match your design perfectly with customization features
Pricing: 14-day free trial, then paid plans starting at $15/month
ListBuilder is a free way to collect the email addresses of your site visitors. It was created by Noah Kagen’s company AppSumo (Noah was the first marketing director at Mint and runs an excellent marketing blog).
- Works on desktop AND mobile
- “Smart popup mode” prompts guests to enter their email once you have their full attention
- Integrates with other email services like Aweber and Mailchimp
Vero helps you send emails based on people’s behavior on your website. For example, you can send an email a few hours or days after someone abandons their checkout cart. Its value prop is “Personalize and test all your campaigns, without IT.”, so it really is made for a growth hacker who doesn’t code.
- Send highly-targeted emails with segments based on your contact’s past behavior.
- A/B test your emails
- Create automated, user-triggered email campaigns
Pricing: Free 14-day trial, and then plans starting at $99/month
MailChimp has been one of the most popular email marketing tools for years, especially with companies who are just getting started with list building. Recently MailChimp has integrated more advanced features that make it a welcome addition to a Growth Hacker’s toolkit.
- Send targeted emails based on website activity
- Get recommendations for optimal send-times based on past emails’ performance
- Segment your mailing lists
AWeber is an advanced email marketing tool used by over 120k small businesses, bloggers and entrepreneurs around the globe.
- Over 600 templates that will speed-up your email creation process
- Send a sequence of autoresponders to new signups
- Access key metrics about your emails’ performance
Pricing: $1 trial, then paid plans starting at $19/month
SendGrid is the world’s largest Email Infrastructure as a Service provider, sending emails for over 150k companies.
- Highly scalable: send 100s or billions of emails a month without a problem
- Actionable real-time analytics for your emails
- Maximizes email deliverability so that more of your emails get read
Pricing: Plans starting at $9.95/month
Marketers use sendwithus to manage and track email-driven revenue and engagement.
- Manage and update transactional emails (emails generated by your application and sent to users) without involving designers or developers
- A/B test your transactional emails
- Create drip email campaigns
Pricing: Free Hacker Plan, then plans start at $79/month
Customer.io allows you to send targeted messages to website visitors or mobile app users based on what they do (and don’t do).
- Offers flexible segmentation, comprehensive reporting and a/b testing capabilities
- Use an event-triggered email to send a payment receipt or other transactional email.
- Track conversions triggered by your messages
Pricing: Free basic plan, then paid plans starting at $50/month
Klaviyo hooks into your customer data to send personalized, automated and effective newsletters and targeted emails.
- Go beyond opens and clicks to see how emails are converting into actions and purchases — automatically, without any special code.
- Create triggered email campaigns with personalized content and smart rules to determine who gets what
- Create email campaigns with our drag and drop editor and easy to use list management tools
Pricing: Basic free plan, then paid plans starting at $25/month
Inbound Marketing & Marketing Automation
33. Infusion Soft
The only all-in-one automated sales & marketing software built exclusively for small businesses.
- Keep in touch & follow-up automatically with Email and Social Marketing
- Get notified when prospective customers are ready to buy with Lead Scoring
- Organize all customers and prospects with CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
Pricing: Prices are not listed on the website, but reviews say that plans start at $199.00/month
HubSpot is inbound marketing software that helps your business excel at inbound marketing and connect it to real business results. From attracting visitors to closing customers, HubSpot brings your entire marketing funnel together.
- Manage your blogging, social media, landing pages, email marketing, marketing analytics and more all in one place
- Get access to an enormous library of top-notch resources on inbound marketing
- Great customer support
Pricing: Basic plan starts at $200/month
Marketo offers a suite of tools that cover marketing automation, email and campaign management and analytics.
- Quickly launch highly-targeted campaigns across your marketing channels in order to generate more revenue with less manual effort
- Build automated campaigns that create long-term, personal relationships with consumers across channels.
- Simplifies marketing planning, keep teams coordinated and give marketing leaders visibility into everything marketing is doing
Pricing: Pricing varies across Marketo’s four main products
There you have it––43 tools you can use to drive growth for your business. Hopefully the categories will help you hone in on the tools that can fill your company’s needs more quickly.
I’m sure I’ve missed some great tools that empower marketers to focus on growth. What are you favorites? Let us know in the comments below.